Dredging Surveyor | Trailer Suction Hopper Dredges | Back Hoe Dredges
Astute surveying has successfully supplied a range of services for several dredging projects in the past. We have extensive experience working with Trailer Suction Hopper Dredges (TSHD), Back Hoe Dredges (BHD) and Ploughs and provide assistance with the installation and commissioning of survey equipment on board these vessels.
We offer the following services:
- Pre-dredge surveys (carried out by a Level 1 Hydrographic Surveyor)
- Post dredge survey (carried out by a Level 1 Hydrographic Surveyor)
- Progress survey
- Plans, Volumes
- Digital Terrain Models (DTM’s) Triangulated Irregular Network (TIN) Models, Matrix files for dredgers using ‘Dredge pack’
- Pre & Post Dredge reports
- Setup GNSS/Heading units with navigation software for sweep bar/ploughing operations
- Setup and testing of positioning equipment on barges, tugs & support vessels
- Liaise with clients and Harbour Masters to apprise of operational progress
Our plans are easy to read, allowing the progress to be assessed at a glance. Data can be produced in various outputs and uploaded to key dredge computers; in most cases within hours of the completion of the survey.
The image above is taken from one of our projects in the port of Bunbury Western Australia. It depicts the geo referenced TIN models overlaid on each other and is in sequence of each day of survey.